Saturday, March 28, 2015

Review: Calvin Klein Reveal (Men)

It's been a while since I've blogged, but thanks to some new product test assignments, I'm going to get back into it. I have been asked to review a product and was sent a free sample of said product; I am not being paid in any way, and all opinions are 100% honest and 100% my own. 

Influenster sent me a sample of Calvin Klein's fragrance Reveal for Men. My husband has his own favorite fragrances to wear, so I didn't make him try it--I tried it myself. :) I don't make a habit of wearing men's fragrances (in fact, I don't think I ever have), but this was a good one for a first try! It's pretty gender neutral, in my opinion. I enjoyed the way it wore on me throughout the day, and while I didn't think it was feminine in any way whatsoever, I did not find it to be uncomfortably masculine (i.e. out of place on me) either. 

This fragrance is a unique and refreshing combination of woodsy musk and fresh spice. According to the description from CK, the fragrance notes include crystallized ginger, pear brandy, agave nectar, vintage vanilla, and golden amber (among others). The list includes such unordinary notes that the cologne doesn't remind me of anything else I've ever smelled, and the resulting combination made it difficult for me to identify even the notes that should've been more familiar--meaning I didn't take a whiff of this and say, "Oh, yeah, I smell the vanilla." And that's good, because most men I know aren't racing out to buy vanilla cologne.

Will I purchase this on my own? If my husband or father ever want to change up their tried and true cologne routines, this will be at the top of my recommendation list for sure. I probably won't buy it for myself because, while I was comfortable wearing it and did enjoy it, I would honestly just feel weird buying men's cologne to wear mysef. 

No comments:

Post a Comment