Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Okay, here goes...

I've wanted to write this post for a very long time but haven't gotten around to it (story of my life). As I sit here on this "desk day" with nothing better to do, I've decided this post is getting written, dagnabit.

My name is J, and I love trying new things. 

I've been on the online surveys and mystery shopping circuit for several years now and have made giving my opinion a big part of my life (and also a part that earns me free swag and/or a little fun money--if you're interested, ask me how!). I hope I don't become one of those people who feels she needs to blurt out an opinion on every little thing in her day--if I do, someone please punch me--but I enjoy giving feedback on products, places, experiences, etc. It occurred to me that I need to keep track of these things in one place in case anyone cares to hear (/read) my opinion on such things, so that place is going to be here.

That being said, welcome.

If you've stumbled upon this post, I can tell you a few things about me that will give you an idea of the things I plan to review here: I'm a mom, I like shopping, and I enjoy everything from beauty products to techie gadgets. I love checking out new places, and my side job as a mystery shopper has formed me into a bit of a picky customer. Not the "these potatoes aren't the right color; send them back" kind of picky, but the kind who pays close attention how long it takes for someone to greet me after entering a store, or the kind who notices whether or not the server refills my drink promptly. I have been conditioned to remember names, glance stealthily at my watch, and count the number of customers in a store immediately like a savant.

All that to say that I am pretty detail-oriented and give decent reviews. If you're looking for that, then I'm glad you're here, and I look forward to sharing some experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment